Yoga Basics For Athletes
Yoga is a natural complement to all your athletic activities, whatever you enjoy: running, hiking, cycling, paddling, swimming, dancing or any sport.
While it may seem like another to-do on the list, in truth, a regular yoga practice will speed recovery and optimize your energy during and after training or racing. Prevent injuries too!
This course has 2 sections:
1. The Basics: Covers all aspects of how to practice yoga safely and get the most from it to support your activities.
- 7+ Top Benefits of Yoga for Athletes and Active people
- Yoga gear - what's essential vs. optional
- Props and how to use them
- How to practice common yoga poses safely
- How to breathe to optimize energy and performance
"I really appreciated the comment about sitting on the cushion I have not been able to sit like cross legged for years and that tip helped so much. It's funny nobody has mentioned it before."
2. The Classes: Five classes of varying lengths, each with a specific focus to meet your needs throughout your training and racing.
- Building Stamina and Lung Capacity - 60 min
- Release and Let Go - 30 min
- Release and Let Go - 60 min
- Length, Strength & Lightness - 40 min
- Getting Grounded in the Moment - 15 min
You are going to learn my top tips and guidance based on my 30 years experience as an endurance athlete and over 15 years studying and practicing yoga. Since starting my yoga practice, I have been injury free! 🤸🏽♀️ The previous 15 years - one injury after another. My toughest and longest races have been since I started yoga so I really put what I'm saying to the test!!
"Thanks so much for this bonus video. It’s just what I needed today. The timing of the movements through the postures is just right. I love the abdominal breathing and the meditation at the end. So calming."
While the value of a regular yoga practice for athletes is immense, overdoing it or pushing your edges too far can negate the benefits and possibly result in injury. I created this course so that wouldn't happen to you!
Regular price $75
Summer special $25
(until August 3, 2021)
Yup. That's all. Flat fee.
You get access to all the Basics modules as well as all 5 Classes for a one time fee of $25. Once you sign up you'll be able to return again and again to access the complete course and classes.
New classes will be added - I'm known to provide extras - and they will be included in your one time special sign up fee of $25.
I believe our athletic activities and accomplishments change us. And it never stops. So I don't want you to ever stop.Purchase The Course Here
A few details about my athletic experience and yoga training
Some of my athletic achievements include:
- 19 marathons in 6 countries (yes Boston too)
- 2 half iron distance (70.3) triathlons
- 55km mountain race in Nepal
- Hundreds of other running races and triathlons of varying distances.
- Plus I enjoy paddling, skiing, hiking and just about any activity outdoors.
I have completed the following certifications as a yoga instructor along with numerous additional yoga training programs/courses:
- Certified Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) through the Asheville Yoga Centre in NC
- Yoga for Athletes Teacher Training with Sage Rountree from Carboro NC
- Yoga for Mood Teacher Training with Amy Weintraub, founder, LifeForce Yoga
- Akhanda Yoga Teacher Training for Pranayama: Emotional Wellness, Athletic Performance and Expansion
- Registered Yoga Teacher with the Canadian Yoga Alliance CYA-RYT 300 hours